Exceptional people providing an essential service
During these unprecedented times, Total Textile Solutions first priority is to the safety and wellbeing of our staff, locations, customers and community while coping through the COVID-19 pandemic.
We want to inform you that the Total Textile Solutions Network and the locations across the country have been deemed an essential service by governing bodies across Canada. We will monitor this as information continues to change daily.
Total Textile Solutions will continue to operate to help those affected by property loss at a time when cleaning and sanitization of clothing is essential. Most locations are reducing hours of retail operations and general production to promote the reduction of face to face meetings and gatherings. However, our restoration departments are OPEN and are continuing to operate with greater attention to procedures that help promote the safety and wellbeing of all parties.
The Owners and Managers of our network locations have been instructed to continue to communicate with adjusters, contractors and all parties on claims to determine the best practices for retrieving claim contaminated contents from the location of loss in the safest way possible. We should all be aware that these procedures may and will delay the restoration process but ultimately in the name of safety.
Some measures to be taken are:
- Delay response times to determine safe access
- Schedule site visit with limited other companies/ home owner at same time
- Access loss site with lock box
- Schedule to pick up contents from contractor if they already have crew on site
- Safety gear, Masks, Gloves, Suits
- Elevated hygiene, sanitation and social distancing
- The quarantine of soft contents for min 48 hrs in bags prior to commencing production (to minimize risk of contaminated contents)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding procedures or best practices during these times, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Feel free to pass on this message to your local adjusters and/or contractors.
Continue to practice social distancing and common sense.